• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got my first CGC Graded Books back

41 posts in this topic

Lou, you continue to dance around my question. I fully understand you want both and why you would want both. But sometimes in life progress comes in increments, rather than all in one fell swoop. So just for argument's sake, if CGC wanted to try out an interim solution before going all the way, and could only do one, but not both, which would you choose: (i) purple label with 10 point rating or (ii) blue label with current 3-level rating?

By the way, the question you posed to me may have been intended to present me with a tough choice, but I think anyone who's familiar with my collecting habits would know that it would actually be a very simple choice. 27_laughing.gif

If I was answering your question Tim, I would definitely choose the purple label option with the 10-point rating system. I don't think Option 2 by itself would help at all. I would still be cautious in paying a large percentage of guide for a book with moderate or extensive restoration even if it was in a blue label. However, the 10 point grading system that Lou originally introduced would eventually create a nice breakdown of what you can expect to pay for a key GA book graded as 6.0 with a restoration factor of 6. If I notice a trend of people paying 45% guide for this scenario, then I might throw my hat into the ring as well.