• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Guidance

54 posts in this topic

Wow, that looks like the copy I got from a relative and read to pieces as a kid. cloud9.gif

924056-ASM121ComicMonkey.jpg

Then again, not worth much $$$ and here's hoping the other issues are in better shape.

That's not that bad - assuming the cover is attached securely, it is a $15-20 book on the open market (Overstreet "Good" is $19).

Ok. I want to step away from the evil 121 and move on.

What about page color. If a book has a great cover that looks new or barely used and the pages are varying colors of not white?

I don't have the grading book yet, but I peaked at a few webpages that explained grading in general, but I am not clear on how page color on an otherwise shiny happy book affects the grade.

Thanks.

Ok. I want to step away from the evil 121 and move on.

What about page color. If a book has a great cover that looks new or barely used and the pages are varying colors of not white?

I don't have the grading book yet, but I peaked at a few webpages that explained grading in general, but I am not clear on how page color on an otherwise shiny happy book affects the grade.

Thanks.

Buyers pay a premium for "white" pages. Get a grading guide and familiarize yourself with the page concepts - there used to be a grading card floating around called an Overstreet Whiteness Level (OWL) card that was a pretty good reference. Somebody had one here before, but I think Dr. Blumberg raised a ruckus.

Ok. Thanks. I did find a picture of an OWL and I see that generally speaking most of these books are off white. Of the books from the 80's, there were a lot of white pages, but I did not take notes when I looked at them.

Ok..NOW I am going to sleep.

ACK! I am not even a huge comic book geek..um...collector..and I can't stop posting. ;p

Ok. Thanks. I did find a picture of an OWL and I see that generally speaking most of these books are off white. Of the books from the 80's, there were a lot of white pages, but I did not take notes when I looked at them.

Ok..NOW I am going to sleep.

ACK! I am not even a huge comic book geek..um...collector..and I can't stop posting. ;p

The bug has bitten . . . wink.gif

So.............say some chick is pricing and selling an entire collection a bit at a time..and um...say she is really new at this and wants to find the most efficient and smart way to gather the collection information for listing and such...without getting hurt...

How would my "friend" go about finding out the best course of action? *big grin*

Please be gentle....angel.gif

Thanks.

P.S. ComicWiz: That Macromedia Flash MX created catalog was amazing!

Welcome to the boards Comic_Monkey and thanks for the kind words! hi.gif

Looks like your in good hands with the suggestions so far. It also looks like your bound to have some fun selling/trading this collection -- best of luck. And remember it also doesn't hurt to hang on to some stuff for the sake of collecting thumbsup2.gif