• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Regrets?

87 posts in this topic

Now you've done it !!!!!!!!!!!!! You've got Delicatessen going off on one of his pompous 'soap box rants'.

Would that be anything like one of your trademarked "I've Got $10 Million Worth of Comic Art, You Don't, and So Anyone Who Disagrees With Any of My Opinions is An insufficiently_thoughtful_person" rants? confused-smiley-013.gif

No,..they are COMPLETELY different. Are you even paying attention, Deli ?

KK

Dave is a real class act as well as being a great guy. KK is not DM.

Dont think I didnt catch that jab, Steve.

Sorry, I did not mean it as a "jab". I just wanted to state that you were not Dave and, since Dave is a friend of mine, I was trying to let people who do not know him what a great guy I think he is. I can see how you might think it was a "jab", sorry. flowerred.gif

Dave is a real class act as well as being a great guy. KK is not DM.

Dont think I didnt catch that jab, Steve.

Sorry, I did not mean it as a "jab". I just wanted to state that you were not Dave and, since Dave is a friend of mine, I was trying to let people who do not know him what a great guy I think he is. I can see how you might think it was a "jab", sorry. flowerred.gif

Im juss messin' wit ya tongue.gif

I got a 'hide' as thick as a RHINO.

The biggest regret I have is that I traded my Ghost Rider 25 Gil Kane cover art and a Jim Starlin page of Ghost Rider art for the cover to Ghostly Tales 120 and the dealer really burned me MONSTEROUSLY bad. He told me my Ghost Rider cover wasn't worth very much and he'd need the extra GR page to complete the deal for the Ditko cover, which he had built up like it was the greatest cover in his collection. He said he wanted the GR cover for his personal collection and that he wanted it for himself. He said it wasn't worth that much at all, but when it appeared on his site, it was priced at the MONSTEROUS price of $4750. My Ditko cover... I ended up getting less than $3000 in trade for it...

The dealer also tried to force me to buy his Haunted Love 1 cover from him for $1750. I was naive and had just started buying art and he'd already charged me $850 and $750 for two different Charlton covers (there aren't very many Charlton covers worth near that) and he said that if he traded me the Ditko cover, I would have to buy the Haunted Love cover for $1750. So, after we made the deal, he put the cover up on his site for nearly twice what he told me it was worth and another collector/dealer told me that the Haunted Love cover was priced three times more than what it was really worth, so I refused to buy it. He told me I'd have to buy it by law because I'd made the agreement. I refused and didn't hear back from him. It was a nightmare and I lost probably the best GR cover of the bunch.

I'd love to have the GR art back, both pieces, because that Ditko cover wasn't all it was cracked up to be...

This is the same kind of idiotic [embarrassing lack of self control] that I got hit with over at the autistic forum know as comicart-l. Listen, Perry Mason, why don't you just stick to discussing comicart. David Mandel is David Mandel, there I figured it out for you. Case closed! frustrated.gif

sleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gif

First, some elements of my post were clearly tongue-in-cheek. If you can't see that, may I suggest that you trade in some of your comic art for a sense of humor. I've never met David Mandel, but we have numerous mutual acquaintances, so I do know enough about him that he's not actually KrazyKat. makepoint.gif

Well, something's in your cheek but I'm not sure there's room for your tongue in there too...

Second, "Perry Mason"-esque lines of questioning are part of this Board's tradition. In fact, some sleuthing by those more adept at the detective game than I have recently exposed a major restoration scandal in the comic dealer world (see the "FF 3" thread in Comics General) and have uncovered numerous other scams and frauds in the past, so that's not going to change anytime soon. If you expect people here to fall in line and suck your kneecaps because you have a neat-o collection of funny book art, you came to the wrong place. This is a forum for the exchange of ideas, not a big circle jerk - we don't shy away from the tough questions here. sumo.gif

If you think the tough question of the day is who is KK then you are probably 15 years old; hey, shouldn't you be back in school now that the weather's starting to change???

I have kept an open mind about whether or not KK actually owns all of the art that he claims to when others have openly dismissed the possibility. I think if anyone claims to own the DD #181 cover (one of my top 5 all-time faves, by the way), whether it be KrazyKat or Mandel or anyone else, it's fair game for people to ask a few questions to find out if it is true or not. I don't think that's going overboard, especially when KK himself started things by publicly claiming he owns it and others have followed up with their own inquiries. 893naughty-thumb.gif

If you think you've asked merely a few questions when you are actually being a bothersome bore then you need lessons in counting... was that 15 or 5 years old...

And... if you are keeping an open mind about whether KK owns the Avengers 4, DD#181 cover, etc. then you are really not in the same hobby that I am in, so we should have nothing further to say to one another. Fair enough??... somehow I doubt it... but I can hope,...

Ok, bring on the pithy comments, I've had my fun devil.gif

Pithy comments? How about this one - you're a pompous windbag. Gee, you own some nice funny book art and you're on a first-name basis with Dave Mandel. I'm really impressed. Oh no, wait, I'm not. sleeping.gif

Dave Mandel just emailed me. He still owns the DD 181 cover. No big shocker there!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My only regret so far is not being able to see KK's fantastic OA cover collection. You know, DD 181, Avengers #4, etc. Give me a break! Don't they have drugs now to help habitual lairs?

Pithy comments? How about this one - you're a pompous windbag. Gee, you own some nice funny book art and you're on a first-name basis with Dave Mandel. I'm really impressed. Oh no, wait, I'm not. sleeping.gif

What in blue-blazes are you babbling about now Delicatessen ?

YOU !!!! Are the one that keeps citing Dan's collection. And YOU are the one who seems to find relevance that Dan alluded to the fact he knows Dave.

And,..dont turn the tables,..Ive been calling YOU,..a pompous wind-bag for months.

cuz,..well,..you are.

KK

PS -Change that avatar,..as it exentuates your smugness.

Ummmm.... how about we measure the verbage spouted so far and see who has the case of diarrea of the mouth. But, what do I expect- you are truly an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, and/or between 5 and 15 years old which explains some of it! KK is right!!!! Wow, it's kind of amazing that he hit it so clearly on the head- but, you really are a fool and are much more damaging to this hobby than KK could ever be!!! makepoint.gif

Woooof!... ok, there, I've let some of that air out! I feel better now.

Good points Mr. K! Another good point- why do you have to insinuate that Dave is using alias's on this board! You suck- and I don't mean tongue!!!!

What in blue-blazes are you babbling about now Delicatessen ?

YOU !!!! Are the one that keeps citing Dan's collection. And YOU are the one who seems to find relevance that Dan alluded to the fact he knows Dave.

And,..dont turn the tables,..Ive been calling YOU,..a pompous wind-bag for months.

cuz,..well,..you are.

KK

PS -Change that avatar,..as it exentuates your smugness.

*sigh* Gene, just put these two on ignore and lower your blood pressure all at the same time. I put krazy on ignore after I realized that he's a total joke. Now this guy is probably another pompous insufficiently_thoughtful_person you can add on the list. Just click *ignore* and you never have to read their stupidity or krazy kat's nut job postings.

Ummmm.... how about we measure the verbage spouted so far and see who has the case of diarrea of the mouth. But, what do I expect- you are truly an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, and/or between 5 and 15 years old which explains some of it! KK is right!!!! Wow, it's kind of amazing that he hit it so clearly on the head- but, you really are a fool and are much more damaging to this hobby than KK could ever be!!! makepoint.gif

Good, keep letting all that hot air out. Call me an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, between 5 and 15 years old, destructive to the hobby, whatever. It only makes *you* look all the more pompous and foolish, especially since I've been on these Boards for 3 years and people know the contributions I've made here (which Steve B. I'm sure would acknowledge). I'm not the one who shows up out of nowhere and starts talking smack within a month of his arrival like he owns the joint. Who do you think you are, comic art boy, and who do you think you're talking to?

What's truly hilarious is that you don't know a thing about me. *You* presuming to call *me* an insufficiently_thoughtful_person is a bigger joke in and of itself than KrazyKat. screwy.gif

Good, keep letting all that hot air out. Call me an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, between 5 and 15 years old, destructive to the hobby, whatever. It only makes *you* look all the more pompous and foolish, especially since I've been on these Boards for 3 years and people know the contributions I've made here (which Steve B. I'm sure would acknowledge). I'm not the one who shows up out of nowhere and starts talking smack within a month of his arrival like he owns the joint. Who do you think you are, comic art boy, and who do you think you're talking to?

What's truly hilarious is that you don't know a thing about me. *You* presuming to call *me* an insufficiently_thoughtful_person is a bigger joke in and of itself than KrazyKat. screwy.gif

Deli-boy,

You act like you believe you deserve a frickin noble peace prize or something. Blah, blah, blah,.."Ive been here for 3 years, and everyone knows my contributions,.." Can you even hear yourself ? Bet you were picked on alot when you were young.

KK

Ok, you've been here along time. Well then, I guess you must be right then. You're not an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, a child, or dangerous... nah... it only takes a month to smell your stink in the air.

Comic art boy... I kinda like that... does that make me a sidekick though?? Alright, let's be friends, hey partners! What do you say- Brain- dead Man?? poke2.gif