• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Night Force Issue #9 Original Art Wanted

3 posts in this topic

Hey CGCBoarders!

I am reposting this thread which was in the wrong forum.

I am looking to purchase the opening splash page from Night Force 9 featuring the Baron Winters. I presume that this is page 1 or 2 of the book. I have no idea where to start looking for it. I am hoping that someone might give me a clue where to start. Here is a scan of that wonderful page. Thank you for any tip!

GC - Night Force 9 p2.jpg

Wish I had any leads for this, but I wanted to say good luck with the search.

It's a sentimental favorite of mine, as Night Force #9 was the very first comic I ever bought as a kid.  My mom was waiting for a prescription at the local drugstore and I was browsing the magazine rack where they also kept the comics.  I see this cover with a dracula-looking guy and a tentacled monster on it and just had to buy it.  After that first buy, almost all of my allowance went towards comics for the next couple of years.

The art doesn't seem to pop up all that often, but hopefully you do manage to get a lead. 

Thanks Dan. I agree with you. Not that many Night Forces pages have made it to the marketplace. Although I collect mostly covers, this splash page struck me. The dialog sounds like a movie trailer. It is actually the combination of the lay out, the words and the art that makes this page attractive to me. This must have left a remarkable memory when you purchased it back then.