• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Weekly Auctions --> improved quality material

3 posts in this topic

I have no stake in HA's weekly auctions, but I have to admit that the quality of their consignments has steadily improved over the past few months, and every so often, there are pieces listed that should have been included in their Signature auctions.

This week's auction (ending tomorrow) and the next one have some really decent art by a wide array of artists, era's, and formats.

Worth the time to look.  (thumbsu

3 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I have no stake in HA's weekly auctions, but I have to admit that the quality of their consignments has steadily improved over the past few months, and every so often, there are pieces listed that should have been included in their Signature auctions.

This week's auction (ending tomorrow) and the next one have some really decent art by a wide array of artists, era's, and formats.

Worth the time to look.  (thumbsu

I've always been curious how Heritage determines what ends up as "weekend filler" for the Signature auctions, versus a top piece during a weekly auction.  I'm guessing it at least sometimes depends on who the consignor is, but I've often wondered if it's better for certain pieces to be in the weekly where they have a chance to stand out.

Either way, I try to make it a habit to take a look at the OA offerings every week.  It's rare for them not to have a handful of things I'm at least tracking if not bidding on.

Edited by ShallowDan
typo

1 hour ago, ShallowDan said:

I've always been curious how Heritage determines what ends up as "weekend filler" for the Signature auctions, versus a top piece during a weekly auction.  I'm guessing it at least sometimes depends on who the consignor is, but I've often wondered if it's better for certain pieces to be in the weekly where they have a chance to stand out.

Either way, I try to make it a habit to take a look at the OA offerings every week.  It's rare for the not to have a handful of things I'm at least tracking if not bidding on.

Yeah, I think it may depend on the consignor.  I have listed in the Signature before, but not the weekly.

The Signature when I requested it a few years ago required a $5000 estimate, may be higher now.

Plus they have the tiers, as you mentioned, through the course of the multi-day event.

The weekly is likely for the mid-range or estate seller with a big stack after the prime stuff has

been vetted toward Signature.  David