• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern vs. Value Service

5 posts in this topic

Howdy, All!  I have recently submitted my first comic to be graded and chose Modern for the service.  What reason would there be to choose Value which has the same Maximum Value Per Item if the fee is higher and the turnaround is longer?  I want to make sure I do not miss out on any possible benefits that Value offers if I submit any other comics for grading that I may have missed by choosing Modern on my first submission,  Thanks!

And insurance value. Moderns cap out at $200 I believe. If you are sending in books like Walking Dead #1 or certain modern variants that may be worth $5,000.00 or more can be sent in under modern tier, but you run the chance of the books getting damaged and you are only insured for $200 per book. That's why many send in higher dollar moderns under the higher tiers. 

Edited by joeypost

2 hours ago, Oof Doof said:

Modern is for books from 1975 until now, Value is for books pre-1975. I think that's the only difference.

Thanks for the explanation.  All of mine are in the 1980s so I will use Modern for any other submission I make.

42 minutes ago, joeypost said:

And insurance vale. Moderns cap out at $200 I believe. If you are sending in books like Walking Dead #1 or certain modern variants that may be worth $5,000.00 or more can be sent in under modern tier, but you run the chance of the books getting damaged and you are only insured for $200 per book. That's why many send in higher dollar moderns under the higher tiers. 

Thanks for the information about the insurance.  I do not have anything that would reach that value.  Modern will probably be the best for me.

On 11/25/2020 at 8:14 AM, Papa Fabio said:

Thanks for the explanation.  All of mine are in the 1980s so I will use Modern for any other submission I make.

In the event you have a super key Expensive  comic you may have to use a service difference, just fyi