• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Action Comics #1 Front Cover Fragment

25 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2020 at 5:22 PM, Wayne-Tec said:

Hey guys,

It’s been a long time since I’ve been this excited about anything in comics, so I’d like to share my latest acquisition with all of you. It’s an original Action Comics #1 front cover fragment—just the “No. 1.”

It originated from a scrapbook that Heritage authenticated years ago. While it’s easy to cringe at the thought of someone cutting up an Action Comics #1, this fragment probably wouldn’t have survived the test of time without someone making a conscious effort to preserve it.

I’ve owned single Superman pages from Action Comics #1 and all of them have been incredible. But this as on another level and is probably as close as I’ll ever get to the top of the mountain. :cloud9:

3DEB979D-DC66-41A2-9C1E-C8810F66A21C.jpeg

061B3800-78CA-42EF-B756-EC2C8F9C9AF7.jpeg

801B1869-E0AD-486B-81A5-2CF5E4CBD658.jpeg

I think i found where that goes or where it came from

Action Comics 2 3 4 5 original issue numbers rare Golden Age comic pieces | eBay

Its weird, this auction came out just as pages were getting popular.  I bid on this auction (which I rarely do) with a total lowball bid  and didn't lose by much.  Once I saw what it went for, it was instant regret. 

With the crazy skyrocketing prices I see in the 'Mega keys have a lot of room for growth' thread....$500K+ for many not-old and not-rare things....who knows what an Action #1 cover-fragment could be worth in the near future.

Edited by ChillMan