• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canadian Santa WAR Overflow Thread

10 posts in this topic

The main thread is in the GA/SA/BA forum - right here:  
Jingle Bells, Shotgun Shells, or Why Can't We Just Give War a Chance - Golden/Silver/Bronze Age Only - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

These books are posted in Mixed to comply with the stupid and meaningless board rules regarding separation of comic book eras,

which no comic scholars agree on. :sumo: Rant. Rant. Ranty, Rant.

bad santa |  CANADIAN SANTA; OVERFLOW THREAD | image tagged in bad santa | made w/ Imgflip meme maker 

Keystone Products Jingle Bells Shotgun Shells Christmas Lights

Image result for jingle bells shotgun shells jpgImage result for jingle bells shotgun shells jpg

WALL OF TEXT

Details: Welcome to my umpteenth annual Christmas War Thread.  I can't think of a better topic for Christmas than WAR!!!!  I'm going to do the Misc. titles/publishers, then the Marvels, and finish with the DCs.  The DCs will be by far the most plentiful.  And yes I know, some of those Misc. titles aren't exactly war books, but they are here by virtue of their parachute covers. Because I collect those as a theme cover collection.  And, it's my thread. :cool:

Shipping: I try to get you postage as reasonable as possible while protecting the merchandise.  But, you still need to pay for it.  :rulez:  Postage is what it is, and it ain’t cheap.  I am totally up for whatever makes it cheap – first class boxed on one to two books, removing backboards, outer wells and inner wells.  I just can’t ship media mail.  My zip is 97630, so if you’re in the West Coast postal zone, stuff ships cheaper.   I also ship to frostbacks, ‘roids, jimmers ( :whatthe: ) and elsewhere in the world. 

Payment: Checks & M.O.s are accepted.  Paypal begrudgingly accepted.  2c

Minimum Merchandise Order:  None...., because it's Christmas - Even arrogantier. :ohnoez:

Agreements: Time payments are usually fine.  No H.O.S., P.O.S. or H.O.C. members, nor any puppy-kickers, poopy pants, boot and/or butt-lickers, etc.  Secret hand-shakers OK on a case-by-case basis. :sumo: 

Grading: I have been in the hobby for almost 50 years..., yes, I am old.  :preach: If you see any glaring grading errors, please inform me via PM.  I try to be conservative, and have cracked about 400++ slabs.  However, I am not perfect..., in fact, my custom title explains it mostly. 

Mysterious Codex: URFC = Upper Right Front Cover; LRFC = Lower Right Front Cover; and you should be able to figure out the rest from there.

Return Policy: Yep!  However, please don't try to return something because you failed to read the detailed description.

Caveats: I can’t seem to run a large thread like this without including a book I either previously sold or can no longer find – I apologize in advance for my lack thoroughness in this respect. However, since some wanker made a big stink about a situation like this with another seller in the probation thread, I feel I have to include this caveat.  Additionally, for some reason, my scanner seems to “add dirt” or “add foxing” to some of the back cover images – you can always ask what’s real and what’s scanner effect.  If a book has foxing, I usually, almost always point that fact out.

Doing it:  You can do it in the thread, you can do it via PM, you can do it in the road.  In the case of ties, it goes to the PM.  :takeit: 

How is my Grammar?  Call 1-800-....., Sorry, I don't care.

Kudos Thread?  I don't have one because they are stupid, worthless and weak.  Listen to this instead:

Blackhawk Mini 2 9.0 W $1.  Great ‘historical’ Signal back cover illustration – love it!  Chaykin art.

Blackhawk2.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fi

Blackhawk2bc.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&

Six Days Hard Cover $10 - The incredible story of D-Day’s Lost Chapter.  Small bump at URFC/ULBC.  Retail $24.99. Still in shrink wrap.

SixDays.jpg

SixDaysbc.jpg

Edited by lizards2

G.I. Combat 271 8.5 white pages, $10.  Most wear to BC.  Canadian price variant!  Whoop! Whoop!  One of you Frostbacks should repatriate it!
GIC271.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bo

GIC271bc.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

G.I. Combat 274 9.2 white pages $10.  A few spine tics – nice, clean and white. This was a keeper copy until I stumbled into nicer copy. SOLD!
gic274.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=boun gic274bc.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=bo

Edited by lizards2

G.I. Combat 275 8.5 slightly off-white pages $5.  Spine stress and light indent URFC/ULBC, stress @ DC logo.  SOLD!
gic275(1).jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=b gic275bc(1).jpg?width=590&height=370&fit

Edited by lizards2

G.I. Combat 281 7.0 white pages $1.  ½” creases @ URFC/LRFC, rumpling at Joe Kubert signature @ spine.

GIC281(1).jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

GIC281bc(1).jpg?width=1920&height=1080&f

G.I. Combat 282 9.0+ white pages $7.  Looks nicer but NCB stuff.
GIC282(1).jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

GIC282bc(1).jpg?width=1920&height=1080&f

Edited by lizards2
LOL - AGAIN - I don't know what's up with that scan - call me if questions...,