• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Crossovers CBCS/CGC...

3 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Vintage Comic Book Exchange said:

I wish CGC would accept CBCS Signatures to be transferred to CGC and regraded on both ways. They both should do this as they are both Very Reputable Companies. Both can show on the label that it's witnessed by the other Company but still gets the Gold Label...

There is a separate Signature Room subforum where this post would get more traction, and has probably been discussed many times if you dig around a bit, so you can learn some of the arguments for/against.

Additionally, it may behoove you to play devil's advocate with yourself and argue the other side of your own point from CGC's point of view.  Why do you think they don't accept CBCS witnessed comics?  What factors do you think they consider when making those types of decisions?  What do you think the potential impacts (financial, operational, reputational, long-term, short-term) would be if they changed from their existing policy?  Do you foresee any challenges?  Put yourself in their place, with their business model, with their station in comic grading and within the signature game.  

I can see where they might want to but in business I know for over 30 years of doing it the main reason you do things it to satisfy the customer without hurting your own reputation. This in NO WAY hurts your reputation as it noted on the label. Also it brings a revenue to the business. As CBCS is gaining ground on CGC as they are equal in quality and integrity as numbers are showing. It goes both ways a CBCS will not accept CGC witnessed signatures as well. The person who made CGC great is the SAME person who made CBCS great with the same set of standards and morals...