• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "Maine Summer Vacation Home Collection"

24 posts in this topic

After reading the comics you carefully (for a kid) put them in a box and there they sat.........

Amazing Fantasy 15 9/62 VF+ 8.5 or better, off white to white, beautiful original gloss, stunning untouched copy!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, that is correct. I have already paid the premium for a cgc copy. I want to buy a nice raw unrestored book. What is the point of buying a cgc graded book, paying all that extra money and then cracking it out. My white mountain copy will stay entombed forever. Most of my other books are unslabbed though and I prefer it that way.

x101

Thanks for the comments every one. Two new items:

1. The original owner has supplied me more details for the story to be included on the certificate so I will update the description here soon (I've got to pack and ship ebay sales today!)

2. For the AF #15 or other CGC books for that matter: I'd say you are not really paying the grading fee, that is a sunk cost of the owner of the book (witness all the CGC books selling on ebay for less than the grading fee). But, you definitely are paying for the CGC grade, especially if the grade is towards the high end.

- Bruce