• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastern Color File Copy on ComicLink?!?!?

10 posts in this topic

Aren't these just figments of Dupcak's imagination????

Comic Link :: The Online Vintage Comic Book and Comic Art Auction and Exchange

I can't get a decent zoom on the caption or cert number in order to read them.

Edited by mattn792

Yes, there are thousands of SA covers that surfaced in the 1980s.  Many dealers married them to greatly inferior books. I had a couple but used them as posters. What Dupcheck did was marry them and try to call them File Copies. I'd call the covers "proofs", more than file copies but neither is 100% correct.

I recall seeing these uncut cover sheets in the 1980s for Marvels (covers were original, early 1960s covers). The sheets were usually four front and back covers for four different covers. Gary Dolgoff (and probably the Koch brothers also) had a bunch of these back then.

Even though these are not Marvels, this will give you an idea of what an uncut sheet looked like:

image.jpg

I think Eastern Color in Waterbury. Connecticut was the source for the Marvel uncut covers. Eastern did NOT produce interiors though.

Like mentioned, some cut the covers and married them to coverless comics. The most infamous was Danny D. INVENTING some of the Eastern File Copies from these.

Edited by DanCooper

11 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Wtf?

When did CGC create the CVR designation?  I’ve never seen this before.

No one cares about you