• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Silver Surfer #4

24 posts in this topic

Just to clear up the issue of tears, there are none!

Thanks for all the input...

thumbsup2.gif

What do you mean there are no tears? There is cleary two small tears above the "E" and "W" in "SPACEWAYS" at the top of the book. While they are minor, they are still tears. juggle.gif

Well I guess that this proves that scans are unreliable for grading purposes.

The top of the book has NO TEARS. It isn't creased either, the color is missing on the top of the book... again NO TEARS 893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif, ok. I'll take your word for it. yay.gif I guess my grade would be higher then because I incorporated that there were tears in the grade I originally had.

thumbsup2.gif

I would have thought they were tears as well... in hand you notice that they are definitely not.

Thanks for all the input hail.gif

I think i's an easy 8.5, but hey, what do I know? devil.gif

Really? Even with the surface crease to the right of Surfer's foot, on the edge to the right of that, and in the blue smoke two inches down? It's a nice book, but I wouldn't go over 7.5. confused-smiley-013.gif

Good eye there OF, but I'll bet your month's comic budget 27_laughing.gif it grades 8.0 or better sumo.gif

SilverSurfer4Fs.jpg

That is, if I could get my hands on it . . .

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I would say it might make an 8.0 on a good day, but no way it goes better. Just for reference, here is my copy which you gave a 7.5. I would maybe agree that Johnny's copy is as nice, but I don't think it's nicer.

SS4.jpg