• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon Prime's SAMARITAN starring Sylvester Stallone (8/26/22)
1 1

48 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2022 at 2:59 PM, Bosco685 said:

Amazing how fit he still looks even at 76 years old

:whatthe:

I have an older co-worker who is a power lifter and just turned 50 this year. He has been clean all his life but is weighing future cycles of steroids in his 60s and older to keep his strength up. 

Was much better than I was even expecting it to be. Production values were very well done and you can tell the set and props crew got the note they wanted the city to have a Robocop feel to it (shame the --script didn't get the memo on that as well). Stallone did really well in the role, and overall I think the casting was very well done. 

The 'twist' you do see coming a mile away (in fact, I assumed this was the case during the opening origin flashback due to how they shot and framed the characters) but still happy they went with that direction as it would have been super easy for them to just pump out a very standard superhero arc film - though unfortunately when it was finally revealed there wasn't much weight to it (would have liked a little more exposition on why Stallone felt so empty and guilty after the battle - and how his 'victory' left him with nothing else in the world, no family and no rage which was his entire drive of his life) - I do however enjoy this being a very local, smaller stakes type story and not some world ending issue. 

edit: for clarity I put it at an okay 6/10. I would like more street level films like this for many comic heroes, and could totally see this sort of film working for characters like Hourman.

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 9/5/2022 at 7:13 PM, Boozad said:

Why is nobody bothered that the lack of smoke inhalation just isn't a thing?! 

Yup. I mentioned that over in the Water Cooler. I agree.

Edited by Ken Aldred