• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Growing up - What was your Comic Book money's Competition?

69 posts in this topic

Grade school: slot cars laugh.gif

High school / College: drugs blush.gif beer tongue.gif girls insane.gif Grateful Dead hail.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Stopped collecting for 25 years while the drugs wore off 27_laughing.gif

Now: Family / House / Bills wink.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif they wore off, I hadn't noticed. poke2.gif

You know that was a set-up, right? 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

hi.gif

Ice cream at the Dairy Queen was ten cents, a bag of chips came with a disc that showed a player's face and I collected all of the Leafs, chocolate bars were a nickel or a dime and Mad Magazine was thirty cents-- I had about a three year run of those. I remember having to choose between a Batman Annual and a large bag of peanuts one day after going swimming at Bathurst Heights pool. An "old" lady whom I had never seen before, subsidized me and I had both. Looking back, she probably thought I was a kid from the nearby Ontario Housing Project and that was her way of having a social conscience. That was about it for me in Toronto during the time of the twelve cent comic.