• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Weekly Auctions --> improved quality material

3 posts in this topic

I realize there's a lot of discussion about A-level page values and the HA signature auction where the more expensive stuff is consigned for sale, but an alternative to folks who don't have deep wallets is the weekly HA auctions.  There's always great stuff for sale, and the quality continues to improve, with work by Art Adams, Alex Raymond, Mike Kaluta, Brant Parker, Jim Davis, and many, many more.

Over the past 4 months, I've been picking up late 80's - mid 90's superhero pages for under $200.  Bart Sears, Paris Cullins, Val Semieks, Joe Staton, etc.  all of whom are solid artists from this era.  Perhaps its a bit of speculation on my part, but as mainstream superhero art by A-level artists becomes out this reach, I'll have a nice collection of these pages to enjoy (thumbsu

Don't disagree. There are a few pages that I picked up that I like a lot that I bought in the past three to six months. Worst part is that there are a number of pieces that were sold in the past year that I now really wish I had bid on (or bid higher on). Especially with A-level art hitting higher prices (and getting priced out of those).

Good observation!

Thanks.

I should also mention artwork by perennial favourites such as Jose Luis Garcia Lopez, Colan, Caniff, DeCarlo, Frenz, Hernandez, Infantino, Jurgens, Kane, Lim, sprinkled with the occasional Sienkiewicz, Romita Jr, Romita Sr, etc.  I especially enjoy the Batman sketch lots (2-4 sketches of Batman by various artists) with art from John Bolton to Jill Thompson.  Great stuff, and again, it's very wallet-friendly.

Here's the link to this weeks' HA OA auction (bidding ends tonight).  Good luck to all!  (thumbsu 

Heritage Auctions Search, Original Comic Art, Sunday & Monday Comics, Animation, Video Games & Art Weekly Online Auction 122102 [52 793 794 791 1893 792 2088 4294945330 2703 1067] (ha.com)