• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Rosa pedilection...collectigree?

30 posts in this topic

Also, while I don't know this for a fact, my guess is that most of the BA books were Pre-Screened at 9.4. Therefore, if you are buying RAW 9.4's from this collection, it's possible that this book did not make the cut (but of course could still be a 9.4 since only the pre-grader looked at the book).

I think that some of the runs may have been purchased prior to being sent to cgc, which would mean there are likely some true NM Don Rosa's that are still raw.

There are definitely many NM (and higher) raw books still out there from the Don Rosa collection that are still raw. I have at least a dozen. Granted, they are inexpensive books with price guide values of $15 or less that Steve Wyatt did not figure were worth grading. But of course any NM books of value are already slabbed.

I hope this helps to clarify but it may serve to confuse.

I spoke to Don Rosa about a year ago and he said that he owned every American comic between the years 1948 and 1984. Now, he is not THAT old. He would be born about 1950. Could it be that the comics after, say, 1965 are a pedigree and the ones prior to that are a collection?

I hope this helps to clarify but it may serve to confuse.

I spoke to Don Rosa about a year ago and he said that he owned every American comic between the years 1948 and 1984. Now, he is not THAT old. He would be born about 1950. Could it be that the comics after, say, 1965 are a pedigree and the ones prior to that are a collection?

From what I have heard, Don went back and filled in many of the runs he had even though he may not have bought them off the rack.

My guess regarding GA and SA is that some (if not many) were NOT purchased first hand by Don Rosa. Therefore they really don't qualify for being a pedigree.

Wrong, they will get a pedigree designation. gossip.gif

My guess regarding GA and SA is that some (if not many) were NOT purchased first hand by Don Rosa. Therefore they really don't qualify for being a pedigree.

Wrong, they will get a pedigree designation. gossip.gif

I don't get it. confused-smiley-013.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong, they will get a pedigree designation.

I don't get it

I don't get it either. I'm pretty sure that CGC won't give second hand books a pedigree designation. I do realize that there are so Edgar Church books that were bought second hand, but that's the exception then the rule.

Quote:

Wrong, they will get a pedigree designation.

I don't get it

I don't get it either. I'm pretty sure that CGC won't give second hand books a pedigree designation. I do realize that there are so Edgar Church books that were bought second hand, but that's the exception then the rule.

Not only that, I don't get why they will get a different designation from the Don Rosa pedigree designation for the BA books.

bought some raw rosa books in chicago even got one graded and it came back 9.4 so there are still many raw nm rosa's left the books are just outstanding great smell page color excellent spines ect. these books are pedigree.

I'm not saying some of the books can't get NM. Especially if it's a low dollar book that might not be worth grading even if it came back NM.

I'm just guessing that this collection was Pre-Screened at NM.