• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First CGC submission

3 posts in this topic

Should i have the 10 books I am sending in pre screened cleaned and pressed? i keep my books super nice. But still a slight fingerprint can harm the grade. what's the best option?

Edited by Mkylep

On 1/30/2021 at 8:52 PM, Mkylep said:

Should i have the 10 books I am sending in pre screened cleaned and pressed? i keep my books super nice. But still a slight fingerprint can harm the grade. what's the best option?

It is kind of tough to answer that question without seeing/understanding the condition of your comics first. You can go to the "Hey buddy can you spare a grade" thread and create individual threads for each comic. Look at some example posts of what kind of photos to upload. You will get some ideas, often within a very accurate range, of the potential grade of each comic. Also, you can ask for opinions for each comic on the possible benefit of a C&P (clean and press).

Value/demand is also important to consider whether or not to first grade a comic, and then if a C&P is appropriate.