• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree + Marvel Collectors Packs

5 posts in this topic

So I’ve been seeing the non-sports cards sealed boxes blowing up recently. Hearing some chatter there is a hunt for those graded gems. I’m wondering if we follow that train of thought if there is any value in Treat Pedigree and Marvel Collectors Packs that are sealed. I personally have come across a few and some come a bit damaged, especially the outer books, but sometimes those in between books hold well and become potential 9.6 +.  I guess we also run into what comics were put into these packs, mostly overprinted direct editions in the 1990’s. Easy way to push out overstock. Still the question stands, is there a value in keeping these pedigree and collector packs sealed or break them open for a potential graded gem?

48C9F2CF-1436-4B6C-A0D1-C27B5695156C.jpeg

D5E97EDB-9C7B-436A-99C4-CE88FB72D483.jpeg

I would never assume anything in a aftermarket package was 9.8. It has been handled, re-packaged, shipped stored etc.  People are losing their minds over "pack fresh" cards, and they don't get it. Pack fresh does not mean 9.5-10. There can be centering issues, scratches, shipping damage, production issues etc.  If it does transfer over to these packages, sell them for the premium and cash the greater fool's checks.

Edited by seanfingh
typo