• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New collector - corner damage on new card stock comics

4 posts in this topic

Hi just started collecting so apologies if a repeat question. I’ve just started collecting and a I notice that most of the variant especially card stock comics I have been buying even brand new releases seem to have the same corner issues/ damage is this somthing that is normal or just a dud batch ? Could this be avoided buying else where and would it effect grading much - images attached and thanks! 

A002BA47-78E1-40C9-BE80-55B8902E207B.png

Yes those look damaged and yes that would affect the grade. Maybe 9.0-9.2 if the rest of the book is perfect.

Books go through a lot. All it takes is someone careless in the shipping and distribution process and that’s what you get. Maybe your shop isn’t the best and just chucks them on a shelf. I know the shop that once existed where I live was horrendous for not caring about the books and you’d always find corner damage on stuff.

Edited by comicginger1789