• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevils - Federal Hill Collection On CLink

18 posts in this topic

So I've only been looking at the Daredevils and perhaps its me, but some of the prices being bid and there are 6 days left seem to defy logic.  Daredevil #55 - 9.8 - Bowling Green Pedigree bids are up to $5,100 (sold 9 years ago for $1,016 according to GPA) and  Daredevil #130 - 9.8 bids are up to $1,200 (according to GPA most paid ever was $375 in 2004, in 2009 I think a 9.8 sold for $215). I realize GPA is not the end all relative to market value but it represents enough to make these prices appear pretty inflated but I "ain't' complaining.

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’ve always wanted a perfect 130

Got a pic?

It's only a 9.8, surely you have better things to do with your time and money. :eyeroll:

33 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

It's only a 9.8, surely you have better things to do with your time and money. :eyeroll:

I never see NM copies of that book available. I’m curious about the wrap. That black cover is ruined with any hint of frontal miswrap.

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

19 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

:foryou:

:cloud9:Want

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

Just now, MustEatBrains said:

Quoting prices from GPA from 2004 & 2009 in relation to the current market is going to give you a headache.

Exactly that too. Prices on almost everything are very aggressive, and probably counter-intuitive, especially if you spend a lot of bong time. Not that there is anything wrong with thaat..

Just now, lizards2 said:

Exactly that too. Prices on almost everything are very aggressive, and probably counter-intuitive, especially if you spend a lot of bong time. Not that there is anything wrong with thaat..

Bong or no bong

That’s a sweet looking copy.:banana:

24 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

He was just seeing if you would go to the end of your chain and bark. Interesting how that book appears to have color touch along the spine.  At least in some of the cracks.

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yet if this were the Lev Gleason Daredevil on a 10-cent funnybook no one would balk at five times that price for a mid-grade copy. What a great cover!

5 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Yet if this were the Lev Gleason Daredevil on a 10-cent funnybook no one would balk at five times that price for a mid-grade copy. What a great cover!

Well, the thing that you forgot to point out here in your comparison is that although there are already 54 copies of the Marvel DD 130 slabbed by CGC, there is only the one single copy of the Lev Gleason DD 130 slabbed to date.  :gossip:

It should also be noted that this one single copy of the Lev Gleason DD 130 is a CGC 6.5 graded copy and that there are a total of 49 copies out of the 54 total slabbed copies of the Marvel DD 130 that's been graded higher than CGC 6.5 to date so far.  :p

17 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, the thing that you forgot to point out here in your comparison is that although there are already 54 copies of the Marvel DD 130 slabbed by CGC, there is only the one single copy of the Lev Gleason DD 130 slabbed to date.  :gossip:

It should also be noted that this one single copy of the Lev Gleason DD 130 is a CGC 6.5 graded copy and that there are a total of 49 copies out of the 54 total slabbed copies of the Marvel DD 130 that's been graded higher than CGC 6.5 to date so far.  :p

I was simply pointing out that it is a striking cover, one that uses a theme that is enduringly popular on any golden age books of that milieu. That's all I was getting at.