• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DIGITAL PURCHASE ALERT: Potential data breach leading to small CC charges

4 posts in this topic

Since this forum covers TV shows, films and games we all have a potential to purchase digitally (online), heads up that the news is leaking out slowly there are charges showing up on accounts. So far especially from Amazon and Paypal.

Widespread Unauthorized Transactions – Check Your Accounts (coloadtest.com, SUMUP)

REDDIT: Coloadtest.com charge

EARLY RETIREMENT: Unauthorized Charge from COLOADTEST.COM

• coloadtest.com
  • SUMUP
  • Wfxb

They are starting out with small charges (sub-$2) as probing charges and then this is followed up with the real payday charge. If you see such charges on your account, call your card provider immediately and replace the card. This is slowly emerging as a potential bank or merchant breach.

1 hour ago, Oddball said:

Thanks for the alert. I gave up PayPal long ago and never looked back. Thank God for Zelle which doesn’t charge me a penny to send funds. I do use Amazon quite a bit.

These charges from over the weekend are becoming more wide-spread a potential breach has occurred. But fingers are being point all-around with no clear source where this originated.