• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Facsimile New Mutants 98 48 bids $140
1 1

45 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

They probably turned off the presses last Tuesday, thus the 'out of print'

Maybe he means 'out of print' like 'out of Compton' as in, it came from print. 🤣

20 hours ago, an99 said:

I still think the seller should put "facsimile edition" in the title.

While I agree the buyer should be more prudent and read the description, the seller is also somewhat misleading.

Absolutely he SHOULD.

Should he be penalized if he doesn't and the description is accurate? That's the hard question in a free market.

7 minutes ago, HotKey said:

Absolutely he SHOULD.

Should he be penalized if he doesn't and the description is accurate? That's the hard question in a free market.

I think he knew what he was doing (and even if he didn't, it was obvious as soon as it went over $20), and so I'm fine with "penalizing," if by penalizing you mean that he'll be getting a return or a negative feedback just like the other guy earlier in the thread.  Everyone is being dumb in this case but it's originating with the person who posted the auction.

You see the same sorts of things with Nvidia 3090 and 3080 cards.  They are so popular and so hard to get now that people put up Ebay ads for them and then say "read description" wherein they state that the auction is actually not for the card but for a printout of a card.  Then they get bid up to hundreds or thousands by the dumbos.  Yes, the description is accurate and people are dumb for not reading it, but come on.