• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Art/ Over Inflated Production Art or, . . . . is it THE GENRE ?

27 posts in this topic

Why are comic books so distinguishable from LIFE Magazine's from the 40's and 50's. Clearly the answer is THE GENRE.

The best collectible for the advancement of the genre is probably not the comic book.

I am willing to bet $$ MILLIONS OF DOLLARS $$ on the inevitablity of profound GROWTH in the OA market.

KK

Yeah, but you also hold most of the cards - so it's not exactly much of a leap of faith on your part. Are you telling us that you spent "MILLIONS OF DOLLARS" on your collection or that you believe that your collection is worth that much. I'm sure it is - but it's easier to fall into a pot of gold and tout its worth than it is to buy that gold at current market value and brag about doing it.

What are you bums talking about ? Ive worked to obtain everything I possess. The ability 'to afford' aside,...The Market will continue to GROW. One day,..it'll merely be out of a lot of people's reach. But there will be always someone willing to pay for THE BEST.

KK

Luck and being at the right place at the right time and capitalizing on that had a lot to do with you obtaining what you possess. If Marvel had paid their employees what they were worth and had fairly gaven their artists/writers/etc. the pages they had worked on -- would we be even having this conversation? How would you have been able to own what you own? Rare is the person who doesn't make their fortune from exploiting others.

Luck and being at the right place at the right time and capitalizing on that had a lot to do with you obtaining what you possess. If Marvel had paid their employees what they were worth and had fairly gaven their artists/writers/etc. the pages they had worked on -- would we be even having this conversation? How would you have been able to own what you own? Rare is the person who doesn't make their fortune from exploiting others.

And IF the Queen had balls,..she'd be The King.

I finally realize who KK is. He's the garbage man that collected outside of the Marvel offices in the 1960's.

Zing!

Well said. thumbsup2.gif

BTW-Since you are afraid to show any of your collection,I guess its safe to say The King has no balls.Hence......

ALL HAIL KRAZY KAT,QUEEN OF THE OA REALM !!!!

Will you quit calling me "Brad" you pos little sheep. You are such a sheep following the 'Sheep band wagon" with all the other sheep. Baaaa. How does it feel being a sheep ? Enough about my art,..that is NOT THE ISSUE !