• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 238 without tatooz

6 posts in this topic

I have Amazing Spider-Man 238 with and without the tatooz insert. I’m hesitant to get the one graded without the insert even though it is a higher grade book.

I have seen this book get graded with a blue label and also with a green label. I really don’t want a green label. Any idea why some have green and others get blue?

For years it didn't matter to many collectors because pros can swap in the tooz from the FF 252, and that 'marriage' (restoration?) might not be detectable, but then people went back to caring again about whether the insert was present or not.  So don't let the bad guys get ahold of your FF 252s, that's the key.

Welcome To The Boards!!!

15 hours ago, Terry_JSA said:

ASM #238 With Tattooz - Blue Label (Universal) and is considered complete.

ASM #238 Without Tattooz - Green Label (Qualified) and is considered incomplete. 

The above is absolutely correct.

Although I know this is no longer correct, my 2016 Overstreet states the values of ASM 238 are the same "With or Without Tattooz".

Anybody know what the newest edition of Overstreet says?

1 hour ago, marvelmaniac said:

Welcome To The Boards!!!

The above is absolutely correct.

Although I know this is no longer correct, my 2016 Overstreet states the values of ASM 238 are the same "With or Without Tattooz".

Anybody know what the newest edition of Overstreet says?

Ahaha I wish that was the case. I’m not too sure either about the prices in the current edition of Overstreet.