• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC Grade this card as a misprint?
1 1

68 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SayNoToNFCs said:

NFC (not factory cut) cards are those made by shysters to imitate the look of factory miscuts for the purpose of tricking people into thinking they are buying rare misprints. The fact that NFC cards exist is why the legitimacy of this card is being called into question, because sketchy people cut cards after-market to look like real miscuts. If people didn't cut cards like this on purpose, no one would question if this was factory or not.

It's really bad for the hobby.

Is this like trimming?

43 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

I'm taking this claim with a grain of salt.

The other day, it was brought up that the introduction of the card forum would bring forth Bizarro counterparts of the comics guys.

Looks like the card forum found its Dupcak. 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 hour ago, SayNoToNFCs said:

Are you threatening someone on a card grading forum?

Welcome to the boards!

We are going to love the card crew.  This feels like when the hipsters moved into Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The other day, it was brought up that the introduction of the card forum would bring forth Bizarro counterparts of the comics guys.

Looks like the card forum found its Dupcak. 

^^

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

Trimming corners and edges of comic books in an attempt to make them appear in better condition, it is restoration 

Ohhh that makes sense. Making NFCs is not like trimming. You are not restoring anything to get a higher grade. The card companies give uncut sheets out as prizes or they find their way into the wild. In particular card games like magic the gathering the NFC cards appeal to players because its a unique version that is harder to come by. Nobody really tries to pass them off as factory cut cards because it is widely known what sheets are publicly available and what sheets are not. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Luckily you are on the internet.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=dupcak+comics

Ohhhh I am not a forger lol. The card I initially posted is not even mine. A member in a Facebook group I am in posted it. I am not really sure what forging/trimming comics to get a better grade has to do with this topic. 

Edited by Lyle Freeland

3 minutes ago, Lyle Freeland said:

Ohhh that makes sense. Making NFCs is not like trimming. You are not restoring anything to get a higher grade. The card companies give uncut sheets out as prizes or they find their way into the wild. In particular card games like magic the gathering the NFC cards appeal to players because its a unique version that is harder to come by. Nobody really tries to pass them off as factory cut cards because it is widely known what sheets are publicly available and what sheets are not. 

So what is the problem? Are there really shysters trying to scam people?

Edited by Hollywood1892

1 minute ago, Call The Cops said:

If this is a deal breaker for you you're going to have a bad time here.

I think I will be just fine. I just thought it was funny that someone had nothing better to do with their day than make a special account to bash me with. I know who the individual is. 

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

So what is the problem? Are there really shysters trying to scam people?

I'm sure at some point in time someone has tried to scam with them. I don't think it happens nearly as often as people think though. Its just like any other collectible. Once there is more money involved you will have people trying to create forgeries. 

Just now, Lyle Freeland said:

I'm sure at some point in time someone has tried to scam with them. I don't think it happens nearly as often as people think though. Its just like any other collectible. Once there is more money involved you will have people trying to create forgeries. 

I'll tell you a bit about this site...your collecting habits don't mean a thing on here, people will formulate an opinion of you long before you have an opportunity to say anything, and regardless of how much you spend or delve into your hobby, you will not find happiness amongst those who deem themselves holier than thou

6 minutes ago, Call The Cops said:

If this is a deal breaker for you you're going to have a bad time here.

With the number of names you have used over the years, I think he wanted to take ownership of his name before you did.