• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pay copy of Motion Picture Funnies Weekly in Heritage Oct Auction..

22 posts in this topic

I love the Marvel Pay copy but I think I still rather have the other 9.0 copy that has a clean cover, its much cheaper too.

Yeah, that will be another very interesting sale to follow

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=818&Lot_No=2011

I see on the gpanalysis link on that page that the Denver copy went for $172k last month. Anybody know where that sale took place?

Heritage.

Thanks. Been so busy the past few weeks I guess I missed it.

Anybody got any predictions on the Marvel 1 9.0?

The significance of the writing is what sets the book apart. I would rather have the pay copy than a completly clean version, but that's just me. I want the history involved! thumbsup2.gif

I love the history but the cover is almost too messed up to ignore.

That's like saying that an antique Civil War era bank check is "messed up" because Abraham Lincoln signed it. screwy.gif

Abraham Lincoln? sleeping.gif I'm Canadian so who cares. Checks are made to be signed and written on. screwy.gifstooges.gifgrin.gif Don't get me wrong no one has more admiration for this issue than me and the historical value of this is tremendous. I still would rather own the Nic Cage copy that Metro has because its an original October version that has to be at least 10x as rare as these November prints as I still haven't seen another October copy in over two years. Why nobody hasn't scooped up Metro's copy yet is beyond me.