• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fair Price value of Hulk King Size Special #1 ?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, garyt1957 said:

Hi, looking for a fair price for this book: PGM Hulk King Size Annual #1 - Hey buddy, can you spare a grade? - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

Not seeing much out there and prices wildly vary on Ebay. Saw a CGC 4.5 that sold for $400 but I know that's likely outrageous. So waht do you think?

if I were you (I'm not) I would look for raw, unrestored copies as best you can tell and buy one. You will save anywhere from $300-$500 right off the bat. Sellers feel that since they are graded, they can charge us for the grading they paid for, forcing us to sell the book the same way.

I want to get a nice Fantastic Four King Size Annual #4 in raw. Graded are 75% more than raw in the same basic shape/condition.

Edited by Randall Ries

17 minutes ago, garyt1957 said:

No, I own the book linked and am looking for a fair selling price

I would say if it's unrestored, maybe in the $175-$200 range? $225? It's a square bound issue, right? The spine look squashed unless it's an optical illusion on my end. It's a nice looking book. I would have said 7.0 if I had seen it in the PGM thingy. Back cover isn't all tanned like a lot of them are. On ebay there are 2 8.0's going for $800. IMO, they are wanting $100 per point which is a tacky way to value a book IMO. Also IMO, Graded books add an inflated value. It's still say a 7.0 book in a holder worth x amount of dollars. If it's valued at $300 as a 8.0 with no encapsulation, is the peace of mind worth $500? I don't think so.