• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM TMNT 63 RICC Exc. SIGNED by EASTMAN
2 2

13 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, MARK GREENWICH said:

What should I do with this one???

Give it to me, of course!  :takeit:

Assuming that didn’t work... CGC requires signatures be witnessed by them.  So you would not qualify for a Signature Series. Instead I believe that you would get the  'name written ocover' kind of qualification grade.  See this thread for a more in-depth look at your dilemma:

2 hours ago, MPH1964 said:

Give it to me, of course!  :takeit:

Assuming that didn’t work... CGC requires signatures be witnessed by them.  So you would not qualify for a Signature Series. Instead I believe that you would get the  'name written ocover' kind of qualification grade.  See this thread for a more in-depth look at your dilemma:

Heyyyyyyyy, you referenced my long forgotten Avg #1 signature thread! I forgot about that. The funny thing is nobody was willing to participate in my lineup to guess which of the 10 pics were verified signatures. I guess I might as well come clean... Out of the 10, 9 of them were verified and 1 was my unwitnessed signed copy. I did that for poops and giggles because I knew it was easy to say "oh that signature is obviously fake" when the viewer KNEW it was unverified, but much more difficult to put one's money where one's mouth is and actually pick out which one looked legit out of a lineup. I was hoping at least one person would play along, but oh well. It amused me at the time at least. 

19 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

Heyyyyyyyy, you referenced my long forgotten Avg #1 signature thread! I forgot about that. The funny thing is nobody was willing to participate in my lineup to guess which of the 10 pics were verified signatures. I guess I might as well come clean... Out of the 10, 9 of them were verified and 1 was my unwitnessed signed copy. I did that for poops and giggles because I knew it was easy to say "oh that signature is obviously fake" when the viewer KNEW it was unverified, but much more difficult to put one's money where one's mouth is and actually pick out which one looked legit out of a lineup. I was hoping at least one person would play along, but oh well. It amused me at the time at least. 

What initially drew me to the thread was a curiosity about why a signed book is not verified by CGC.  Ultimately, your example validates the reasoning that signatures can be faked or more importantly that they change over time making verification extremely difficult.  If they see the talent personally sign the materials, then there is absolutely no ambiguity when validating it.  Makes perfect sense.  I appreciate your response and the answer to the burning question of which signatures were verified.  I was running out of popcorn.  :popcorn:

20 minutes ago, MPH1964 said:

What initially drew me to the thread was a curiosity about why a signed book is not verified by CGC.  Ultimately, your example validates the reasoning that signatures can be faked or more importantly that they change over time making verification extremely difficult.  If they see the talent personally sign the materials, then there is absolutely no ambiguity when validating it.  Makes perfect sense.  I appreciate your response and the answer to the burning question of which signatures were verified.  I was running out of popcorn.  :popcorn:

Haha I won't wait another 2 years for the reveal, but once 10 people guess, in this thread or the other, I'll give the answer. 

Just now, MARK GREENWICH said:

Is there a question regarding the authenticity of this book?

Unfortunately, I have no idea about the authenticity of your book.  As far as I’m concerned (and I’m no expert) it’s real.  You asked for options on grading a previously signed book.  I was just trying to answer the question whether CGC would verify such a book.  The short answer is, other grading vendors might validate it, but CGC won’t.  

4 minutes ago, MPH1964 said:

Unfortunately, I have no idea about the authenticity of your book.  As far as I’m concerned (and I’m no expert) it’s real.  You asked for options on grading a previously signed book.  I was just trying to answer the question whether CGC would verify such a book.  The short answer is, other grading vendors might validate it, but CGC won’t.  

That was my understanding with regards to cgc.  I know it is authentic  cuz it came in an ricc vip box.  It's a great book but sucks that cgc won't authenticate....