• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimates #8 keeps on rocking <spoilers>

13 posts in this topic

Another top notch issue by Millar and Hitch 893applaud-thumb.gif

So, how many of you think Cap has been set up? Mind controlled? Guilty? Maybe Banner created a clone? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I totally think it's a set-up. Half the interwub guessed that it was Cap, which makes me think there's got to be something else going on entirely.

Awesome issue. The part where the drug Captain America, then he cracks that guy's head with a tombstons. Awesome. Then he takes on the entire SHIELD team and Nick Fury. Awesome again. They have to use freaking artillery on the guy!!!!!!

well, you already know that's not true because the wizard article specifically has Joe Mad telling you about the costume redesigns for Cap, and Loeb saying how much he's looking forward to writing the character.

It's a setup. It's the whole idea of tearing the Ultimates apart from the inside.

Im betting Captain American will not be a member in Ultimates volume 3 after this

No way, impossible. This has to be some kind of setup. And did we forget that Hawkeye isn't officially dead yet.

At this point I wouldn't be suprised if Odin shows up and straightens out this whole Midgard fiasco!

well, you already know that's not true because the wizard article specifically has Joe Mad telling you about the costume redesigns for Cap, and Loeb saying how much he's looking forward to writing the character.

It's a setup. It's the whole idea of tearing the Ultimates apart from the inside.

Im betting Captain American will not be a member in Ultimates volume 3 after this

He might be in book but not part of the team. .

Kind of like a rougue agent

I dunno. I don't think that's the way it sounded to me. It also sounds like the Millar storyline will have a definite ending, and Loeb isn't necessarily continuing the same sort of storyline, but taking it in a different direction.

Plus, the ultimate universe isn't about to make Cap a bad guy. And quite honestly, if you read through the book, Cap denies the allegations. It's a Loki trick, but just how that's played out is the story.