• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Man Comics

6 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, WernerVonDoom said:

Rarity? If not rare, its it common is this shape? General value?

Thanks

I never collected 50s war comics, so I really couldn't weigh in.

Looking on Heritage past auctions this issue has been included in several groups, that did not go for much money.

All kinds of strange stuff has been going crazy lately, though! Lol

On 3/26/2021 at 8:13 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

Rarity? If not rare, its it common is this shape? General value?

Thanks

Man Comics was a genre shifting title of general interest to Atlas collectors. I wouldn't say any of the issues are rare, but like most books from the era, they aren't common in nice shape either. Lack of census copies is pretty meaningless for titles like this, as until recently anything short of high grade wasn't considered worth slabbing by most collectors/sellers. 

Atlas books are steady sellers, even the more esoteric titles, and as with a lot of GA books have seen interest and prices rise somewhat recently. Your copy looks in pretty nice condition, and I would suspect could fetch between $75- $150 on ebay, depending on what the grade is, and how much auction interest it could generate if sold that route, possibly more with a couple aggressive bidders. 

2 hours ago, rjpb said:

Man Comics was a genre shifting title of general interest to Atlas collectors. I wouldn't say any of the issues are rare, but like most books from the era, they aren't common in nice shape either. Lack of census copies is pretty meaningless for titles like this, as until recently anything short of high grade wasn't considered worth slabbing by most collectors/sellers. 

Atlas books are steady sellers, even the more esoteric titles, and as with a lot of GA books have seen interest and prices rise somewhat recently. Your copy looks in pretty nice condition, and I would suspect could fetch between $75- $150 on ebay, depending on what the grade is, and how much auction interest it could generate if sold that route, possibly more with a couple aggressive bidders. 

Perfect! Thank you for the information. I wasn't sure if the lack of graded copies was due to rarity or lack of interest in graded copies.

I think I'll be nice and send it in just to get it on the census. :)

Anyway, thanks again.