• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The BEST TRIM job...Ever

40 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me why his books (im assuming books because it is evident in this scan) that no other edge, bottom, left or right, has a shadow on it, but the top edge of the book does?

Because the scan is played with and you won't get a book like the one shown.

Can anyone tell me why his books (im assuming books because it is evident in this scan) that no other edge, bottom, left or right, has a shadow on it, but the top edge of the book does?

Because the scan is played with and you won't get a book like the one shown.

Yep.

When I made my pristine FF 6 last night I couldn't keep the shadows on any of the four edges because they wouldn't line up correctly with my "visual repairs".

shy.gif

Yep.

When I made my pristine FF 6 last night I couldn't keep the shadows on any of the four edges because they wouldn't line up correctly with my "visual repairs".

shy.gif

Exactly. As arexcrooke says, why would only the top edge have a shadow but not the others? My guess is that the top edge shadow has been added after the fact...easy enough to do.

We've done this already, but it's a slow afternoon.

I took his TTA scan and overlaid it on top of a hi-rez scan from heritage. I made hammers scan partly transparent so I could scale the images and align the artwork exactly with the artwork of the book below. Following me? Then I compared the "footprint" or cut of both books.

Surprise. Hammer just seem to have a knack of finding subcompact editions of every book he sells. Nice hack job off the top and bottom, even allowing for the miswrap. I gave the heritage book a green tint so you can see it showing below Hammer's book. I moved the spines in line.

I think he needs to get himself one of those industrial cutters....he's getting sloppy or really losing interest in his work. Must be incredibly boring sitting there at night trimming old comic books. Nice career! 27_laughing.gif

hammertwostep.jpg

I think Hammer is just trying to do his part in this new Energy-Conscious era we're entering.

It take 100 fewer calories to page through and read one of his subcompact editions. Smaller pages, less effort!

I applaud him! 893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif Nice work, Red Hook!

If you feel like hitting another one out of the park, take a pass at the Spiderman #121 he has up. Looks like a wicked "miscut" on the bottom edge of this lovely 9.9, wouldn't you say?

I dare someone to email the questions raised, and better yet... I dare someone to ask if he used a razor or exacto for his handywork.... I may even have to open a new acount so I can have under ten to look like a rube ripe for the plucking... naw... I am to lazy...