• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The BEST TRIM job...Ever

40 posts in this topic

I dont wanna give the hammerphiles and lil fan boy fanbase the satisfaction of posting over there... and since he is lurking, safe face submit to an independant grader there are enough out there and prove it...

Naw wouldn't do that would rather bilk the uneducated masses out of their hard earned $$$ and rip off the unsuspecting, just another poor shmuck out there is gonna get a plod, when they get their expensive gem graded...

This guy ticks me off.... but ticks me off even more that ebay does nothing to protect it's members against KNOWN scammers, trimmers and general shmucks....

While I agree he trims his books, does he do a lot of color touching on the actual book to elimate spine stress lines?

Or is it all photoshoped and the actual book doesn't look anywhere near as nice?

From what I have heard, it's a little bit of both.

I must have missed the part where he says "none of my books have any trimming or restoration whatsoever." 27_laughing.gif

Does he really say that?

Nope, he didn't say that...b/c he can't!, was my point. His posts are rants about how lame our trimming detection skills are, but I don't see an actual defense of the integrity of his books anywhere in there...gee, wonder why. tongue.gif

I had a little time and I thought I'd do a detailed line up of the left upper corner. So, here's what I got. Both books overlayed

Dark: Heritages 9.4 Light: Hammers book

On the scans you can even see the differences in print registration on the letters.

948022-corner2.jpg

948022-corner2.jpg.7ef5628824d8f3af14029d4c90a9f707.jpg

buy from danny boy and you'll get one of these:

supa.jpg

For all of Hammer's "Expertise" (skill or knowledge of an expert), he only gets "Slight(A) Ameteur Trimmer.

He's not even a (P) Professional Trimmer. 27_laughing.gif

Can anyone tell me why his books (im assuming books because it is evident in this scan) that no other edge, bottom, left or right, has a shadow on it, but the top edge of the book does?

Because the scan is played with and you won't get a book like the one shown.

Sorry, but you guys are way off base on this one. Hammer's scans might be altered, but it has nothing to do with shadows. Here are some of my scans with the same pattern. It has to do with the angle of the light source.

asm135.jpg

adv438.jpg

x-men142.jpg

supa.jpg

For all of Hammer's "Expertise" (skill or knowledge of an expert), he only gets "Slight(A) Ameteur Trimmer.

Trimming never gets a Professional or Amateur notation. A book that is trimmed with no other restoration will get an "Apparent" grade with neither the Professional nor Amateur designation. (See below) The Amateur on this label refers to the kind of color touch he used.

asm10plodsmall.jpg

Sorry, but you guys are way off base on this one. Hammer's scans might be altered, but it has nothing to do with shadows. Here are some of my scans with the same pattern. It has to do with the angle of the light source.

Point taken, Andy. (BTW, your new avatar is freakin' me out!)

Point taken, Andy. (BTW, your new avatar is freakin' me out!)

The jack-o-lantern? cloud9.gif

supa.jpg

gossip.gifThe Slight (A) refers to the color touch gossip.gif