• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Man-Thing #1 9.8 for $3840.00
2 2

29 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, manetteska said:

What does that have to do with a random Bronze Age 1st issue?

Saying there is an undercurrent of cult popularity for Man Thing. Phantom Stranger 14 is getting hard to find because it was a prototype of both Swamp Thing and Man Thing. MUCH rather have a Man Thing #1 9.8. Wolvie and IH 181 are yesterday. X-Men are a bore. Read up:

https://comiccoverage.typepad.com/comic_coverage/2008/03/swamp-thing-or.html

On 3/29/2021 at 10:44 AM, manetteska said:

So you're saying you'd rather have a Man-Thing #1 9.8 versus a Giant X-Men #1 5.0 or Incredible Hulk #181 4.5?

The guy paying that for the 9.8 Man-Thing probably already owns HULK 181 & GS X-men in 9.8

10 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 3/29/2021 at 9:44 AM, manetteska said:

So you're saying you'd rather have a Man-Thing #1 9.8 versus a Giant X-Men #1 5.0 or Incredible Hulk #181 4.5?

The guy paying that for the 9.8 Man-Thing probably already owns HULK 181 & GS X-men in 9.8

Perhaps; then the buyer is really scraping the bottom of the barrel to find things to purchase. At least it was the 1974 volume.

Stepping back from issue/title comparisons, if the original post is correct (I don't know where the 3/20/21 sale occurred), it's a jump from $1040 -> $3840 in a week; that's insane.

I'm about finished trying to make sense out of all of this. There can't be an endless supply of "bitcoin" investors now buying comics & sports cards & Magic & Pokemon & etc; something else is afoot (or a congruence of things). I just know I'm not going to be able to afford (or want to afford) any "keys" or "semi-keys" real soon.

Edited by manetteska
typo

On 3/29/2021 at 11:07 AM, Jordysnordy said:

Imagine what Savages Tales 1 9.8 will go for :flipbait:

I think that has just doubled also. A copy in 9.6 just sold for $3200 when previous high was $2000.

In fact, an 8.5 just sold for $1400 this past week, which is higher than any 9.4 has ever sold for and about the avg price of a 9.6 for 2020

Edited by Crowzilla
8.5 info