• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #316
3 3

10 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, WilliamLunt said:

Beauty, should have no trouble getting your desired grades.

I'm having trouble detecting defects on this book.

For the more experienced than I, if you had to list the defects on this book preventing a 9.8 what would they be?

This book is very sharp...for me, it's not so much what defects are detectable, but, which defects(s) am I not able to see from a pic...getting a 9.8 is so unpredictable that It's hard to assign a 9.8 unless I am near 100% "sure"...even then, it does not take much to knock a book down to 9.6...this copy is probably a 9.8 but I feel "safer" saying it's a 9.6... or it could be the zit on the kids face on the BC holding this book back...

15 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

If I can get either a 9.4 or 9.6, this book will have a value of $400 - $550. Thank you for your time and consideration.

That book is THIS hot?!?  What’s the deal with that?  I know that I have one of these somewhere... time to go look for it... :ohnoez:

The only ‘defects’ I can see are a very mild spine roll (FC spine corner), a lightly softened bottom spine corner, and what seems to be a white speck in the kids hair, near the spine.  Is that color loss of some kind, or part of the image?

2 hours ago, Galen130 said:

The only ‘defects’ I can see are a very mild spine roll (FC spine corner), a lightly softened bottom spine corner, and what seems to be a white speck in the kids hair, near the spine.  Is that color loss of some kind, or part of the image?

I'm not sure about the white speck. I will check when I get home. Also, I will have this pressed before I have it graded, so I hope that will take care of spine roll.

12 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

I'm not sure about the white speck. I will check when I get home. Also, I will have this pressed before I have it graded, so I hope that will take care of spine roll.

It should. (thumbsu