• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What type of books can I submit for the Signature series signing?

2 posts in this topic

I’m completely new to comic book grading and I don’t have a single clue what type of books I can submit. I saw the Elizabeth Olsen signing and decided that I wanted it. I don’t really care what comic I wanna get signed, but I’m not sure what type of books I can submit. I bought a book from a comic book store called, “Marvel Verse Wanda and Vision”. It doesn’t look like the average comic book, but then again, I new to this stuff. It’s pretty thick in comparison to other comics I’ve seen. Can someone help me with this?

11 minutes ago, BillPham said:

I’m completely new to comic book grading and I don’t have a single clue what type of books I can submit. I saw the Elizabeth Olsen signing and decided that I wanted it. I don’t really care what comic I wanna get signed, but I’m not sure what type of books I can submit. I bought a book from a comic book store called, “Marvel Verse Wanda and Vision”. It doesn’t look like the average comic book, but then again, I new to this stuff. It’s pretty thick in comparison to other comics I’ve seen. Can someone help me with this?

The book you're referencing sounds like the TPB (trade paperback) which is a collected edition.  I'm not too sure if CGC will slab TPB's.  I've read some instances where they have, but I've read other reports that they don't.  Only way to find out is to call.

As for SHOULD you get it graded, the thing I've realized over time is that I don't appreciate signed keys.  Key books are expensive and hard enough to find as it is.  I had a few keys signed and now all I want are unsigned copies of those books.  But no one wants a signed $2 book either.  Most importantly though, the actors had nothing to do in particular with a certain key book other than portraying them on the big screen.  I personally think the best books to get signed by actors/actresses are the movie cover variants with their actual likeness on them.  For example, it would make sense to me to have this particular cover signed by Chris Evans because his likeness is on it.  Conversely, it'd be a little weird to have Sebastian Stan and Chris Evans sign this cover since they have nothing to do with the book.

To each their own.  It's an expensive hobby and I'm just bringing up costs/experiences that I've learned thus far in my journey.  If you think you'd enjoy an actress sig on a normal book, far be it for me to dissuade you.  Just consider both sides before you jump head long into something expensive.