• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
10 10

2,747 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2024 at 8:36 AM, gooshball said:

TATs moved to 25 days this morning for bulk.  Pretty crazy to see them move from 5 to 25 post shipping.  Currently at business day 16 still in SFG.

image.thumb.png.cef431e79badf3a13b50938d835dea85.png

Just got a grading report.  Still shows SFG on the dashboard but it looks like they shipped this morning.

I've got a 27 card bulk order that was delivered to CGC on 9/23.

Marked as "Received" on 10/3 (coincidentally the same day I emailed customer service about how long it takes to accept an order once delivered)

No movement since then.

On 10/4/2024 at 2:41 AM, PeteDorr said:

Good call, when I click the number link it says it’s in Grading/Incapsulation/Imaging stage. Would explain why when I checked that a few days ago 2 of my cards had notes on their specific errors (misalignment) which I assume is only noted when cards are actually graded. I assume it’s only a matter of time before they’re shipped now. Thanks for the tip.

I checked this on mine.

My reholder order just finished and shipped today. Hope it's safe from the Hurricane. 😅

My Economy order when you click in says it's at Grading/Imaging/Encapsulation and then my Express order still just says "Scheduled for Grading" 😅 Very weird. My longest TAT item finished first and my quickest TAT item seems to not be started.

I sent in an order Economy, tracking shows it was delivered 3 weeks ago but still doesn't even show up in submission progress page. And yes I check tracking on website and CGC does have the package. Do we know how long it takes for them to open packages?

ALSO yes I know there was a hurricane OBVIOUSLY but they have been there since two weeks BEFORE Milton.

Hello all,

So i submitted cards, that were delivered on September 24th, marked as received on the 25th and just now received the grading report via email on 10/15.  So that's a 15 business day turnaround for grades. I assume they won't be in my hand until Friday the earliest since I'm in NY and they are shipping via Ground which would make it a received to in hand service 18 days. 

I also do want to note that my order was stuck on Received since the 25th, and has not changed. But clearly there is internal movement. With the volume, hurricane, etc... I wonder if that's what affected the failed updates. Nevertheless I think the grades were fair for most cards, for others it seems a little off. I had a sealed vintage gameboy dragonite that had amazing centering, absolutely no flaws and got a 8.5. With any questionable grades im going to submit to PSA to see the grade difference if any. Maybe my eyes fail me? :P 

I submitted a japanese shining gyarados that failed to receive a grade... I wonder why, I meticulously checked each card it and everything looked good on it, weird. 

My grades have not reflected online yet, so i can't see which ones if any pristined as of now. 

Overall, great experience. Submitting a 42 card order today. Excited to see the grades for those!

Edited by GalaxiMew

On 10/15/2024 at 10:31 AM, GalaxiMew said:

Hello all,

So i submitted cards, that were delivered on September 24th, marked as received on the 25th and just now received the grading report via email on 10/15.  So that's a 15 business day turnaround for grades. I assume they won't be in my hand until Friday the earliest since I'm in NY and they are shipping via Ground which would make it a received to in hand service 18 days. 

I also do want to note that my order was stuck on Received since the 25th, and has not changed. But clearly there is internal movement. With the volume, hurricane, etc... I wonder if that's what affected the failed updates. Nevertheless I think the grades were fair for most cards, for others it seems a little off. I had a sealed vintage gameboy dragonite that had amazing centering, absolutely no flaws and got a 8.5. With any questionable grades im going to submit to PSA to see the grade difference if any. Maybe my eyes fail me? :P 

I submitted a japanese shining gyarados that failed to receive a grade... I wonder why, I meticulously checked each card it and everything looked good on it, weird. 

My grades have not reflected online yet, so i can't see which ones if any pristined as of now. 

Overall, great experience. Submitting a 42 card order today. Excited to see the grades for those!

Yeah, I've seen a lot of discussion on CGC's submission tracker. One of the CGC team members mentioned they had internal work completed on the submission system recently which is causing the issues on the tracker. I've found a few work arounds. If you haven't seen movement in your submission for "Received" if you type in your submission# into the search bar, you should be able to see if it's been inputted or SFG. Hopefully this issue resolves sooner than later.