• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for advice on selling CGC-graded runs of X-Men an Wolverine

3 posts in this topic

I am approaching the time to begin selling my collection and I need some advice.  I have complete CGC 9.8+ runs of bronze/copper/modern X-Men and Wolverine.  It would be easy to pull the bronze books, keys, mint books, rare sigs etc. and consign them for auction. But, then what do I do with the moderns and commons?

I could see myself selling 100 books on eBay but I don’t want to sell 1000.

Edited by worldsbestcomics

On 4/3/2021 at 2:18 PM, worldsbestcomics said:

I am approaching the time to begin selling my collection and I need some advice.  I have complete CGC 9.8+ runs of bronze/copper/modern X-Men and Wolverine.  It would be easy to pull the bronze books, keys, mint books, rare sigs etc. and consign them for auction. But, then what do I do with the moderns and commons?

I could see myself selling 100 books on eBay but I don’t want to sell 1000.

Would it be an option to post on the sales forums here and save on fees? I am pretty new here, but I have had only good dealings and never any issues.

One possibility is to click through some of the other registry sets and see what other members might need.  I sold some books that way when I downsized my Wolverine collection.

And if you sell that MCP 72-84 BWS signed run, you'll have no shortage of buyers lining up!