• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Star Wars the Clone Wars #1
2 2

16 posts in this topic

I have an imgur link, but it wouldn't let me post so I attached the pictures directly. This comic was originally purchased by me back when it originally came out in 2008. It has spent its entire life bagged and boarded in storage. I am planning on sending it off to have it graded soon, but wanted some insight from people more experienced than myself!

1 - j5fFNJZ.jpg

2 - yOJhyFR.jpg

3 - 7Y4Hi9b.jpg

4 - qNp0jKP.jpg

5 - 9ZNeGSW.jpg

6 - 3dQl6fH.jpg

43 minutes ago, Fisionbomb said:

I'd say 9.6 because it looks like slight blunting on those bottom corners. You MIGHT pull a 9.8 if the grader is being generous. (And of course assuming no interior defects)

The bottom left corner is what specifically concerns me. I REALLY have my fingers crossed for a 9.8.

You really think pressing this and the other book could do more harm than good? Everything I’ve seen has said to press and clean no matter what.

4 minutes ago, Hartie Spence said:

The bottom left corner is what specifically concerns me. I REALLY have my fingers crossed for a 9.8.

You really think pressing this and the other book could do more harm than good? Everything I’ve seen has said to press and clean no matter what.

In my opinion only on this book I don't think a CP is worth the money or time. I've got plenty of experience estimating and submitting books but I'm not a professional. Let other folks chime in and gauge a consensus. I personally don't believe a CP will change anything in this case.

1 hour ago, Deadpoolica said:

9.4...looks to have some color rub on the spine

If I'm wrong about color rub 9.6 

I took a second look because I could see how the picture appears to have some color rub. It was just the glare of the photo. Thankfully no color rub. I have a couple third print Star Wars Legacy books that have pretty substantial color rub that I'm hoping cleans off if I send them out.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:59 AM, Hartie Spence said:

Just wanted to update everyone here, got notification that the books have shipped and I got a 9.8!

Thanks for updating the board.