• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Daredevil 1 - Grade Is In!
3 3

25 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2022 at 8:03 PM, KPR Comics said:

Is that true?  I thought CGC changed its policy to overlook the tape and grade based upon the defect that the tape is covering up (e.g., if its holding a tear together they deduct for the tear, not the tape).

The grader's notes mentioned "tape on spine" so I assume that means that it had at least some impact.

Congrats! I would have said 2.0/2.5; this is great to see. Did you have the book cleaned? It looks dramatically brighter in your video than in the scans, but maybe that's just the scanner settings.

From the assigned grade I would guess CGC decided the tape was there for no reason... i.e. not sealing up a big honking spine split that would have dropped the grade further.

On 3/25/2022 at 8:00 AM, Point Five said:

Congrats! I would have said 2.0/2.5; this is great to see. Did you have the book cleaned? It looks dramatically brighter in your video than in the scans, but maybe that's just the scanner settings.

From the assigned grade I would guess CGC decided the tape was there for no reason... i.e. not sealing up a big honking spine split that would have dropped the grade further.

Thanks! And, yes, I had CCS press and clean. I think the book looking better in the video is a combination of both the cleaning helping along with the scanner settings.

And, I think you are right...not sure exactly how much they hit the book for the tape, but they surely didn't consider it a complete spine split. Based on how the book looks, my completely educated guess is that they have a policy that a book with tape like that maxes out at a 3. But who knows haha?

Thanks again!