• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN!-ASM #101
4 4

23 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, evilskip said:

I'm always the low baller, so I'm thinking 3.5.

Unless you're seeing something I missed I'd say you're solidly under grading. Here's an example of a CGC 3.5 for comparison. Not even close to this copy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-101-Morbius-1st-Appearance-1971-CGC-Graded-3-5/402726803903?hash=item5dc46359bf:g:TXUAAOSwhgtgP~vg

3 minutes ago, evilskip said:

I've been told for thirty five years that I'm an under grader.:S

And I think that 3.5 on ebay looks like a 2.5 with the spine damage and the piece missing.

Yeah I mean the ebay copy very well could have gotten like a 3.0 and it wouldn't have made any difference to me lol. A 2.5, hmm, maybe, but I agree you are an under grader lol. Not the worse thing though based off creating low expectations. On your books at least will make you happy when you get a higher grade back, should you send something to get graded.

1 minute ago, nebyort said:

I was a 6.0 in my mind when i picked it up

Yeah that's probably about right, and I think I saw some minor indents that could press out. I personally think it has the potential to be slightly better than a 6.0, but wouldn't surprise me if it got that grade.

13 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

+1 to that!

Plus 5 to that!!!

Solid  6.0 from me. 6.5 would be best case scenario and 5.5 if there some minor stain or something somewhere unseen by these eyes.

Edited by comicginger1789