• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can't "Add New" Date on Submission Form

6 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, WernerVonDoom said:

I'm trying to submit a later print of Fantastic Four 247 that hasn't been graded before. The submission form won't allow me to add a new date (11/02), which then won't let me add the book to the cart.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Same issue with Fantastic Four #263  (11/02)

Thanks

• Administrator

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry.   When entering items into the form you will want to check the title listed in the indicia and select that from the drop-down menu.  When the correct title is selected the form will autofill the remaining fields and you make your selections from the drop menus to select the specific comic/magazine from our database.  Keep in mind this functions similar to a library catalog; do not use articles such as "A, an , the" in the title.

If you are unable to locate the specific title in the drop-down menu because it is either a brand new item or a unique item that CGC has not yet graded then you may manually enter the book information using the "ADD NEW" button located in the drop-down menu.   When items are manually entered into the form as opposed to making your selections from the drop-down menus the system does not recognize the book and may not be able to accurately quote the fees nor suggest any eligible custom labels for comics. Please note you would need to click "add new" for the entire book and not just one specific section (such as the date).  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Jennifer F. said:

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry.   When entering items into the form you will want to check the title listed in the indicia and select that from the drop-down menu.  When the correct title is selected the form will autofill the remaining fields and you make your selections from the drop menus to select the specific comic/magazine from our database.  Keep in mind this functions similar to a library catalog; do not use articles such as "A, an , the" in the title.

If you are unable to locate the specific title in the drop-down menu because it is either a brand new item or a unique item that CGC has not yet graded then you may manually enter the book information using the "ADD NEW" button located in the drop-down menu.   When items are manually entered into the form as opposed to making your selections from the drop-down menus the system does not recognize the book and may not be able to accurately quote the fees nor suggest any eligible custom labels for comics. Please note you would need to click "add new" for the entire book and not just one specific section (such as the date).  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

Hello and thank you for the reply. Unless I am missing something, there is no global location to add a new book. "Add New", is only located in each individual field. When chosen and completed (for any field), a grey "X" appears next to the field. When this happens, the "Next" button never highlights and you cannot progress further.

I've just been told by others that this has happened to them in the past.  They were unable to solve it. They created an entry for a similar book and just wrote over it on the invoice.  Should I do that?

• Administrator

If you select Add New in the comic title field then you have to add the information in all the other sections as well.  I'm not sure exactly what you are seeing on your end.  You can send a screen shot of what you are seeing to our customer service department and we can try to figure it out.  Our email address is: submissions@cgccomics.com.  

You can make any corrections on the packing slip.  So if you select a similar book you can always manually make any corrections to the packing slip also.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

If you select Add New in the comic title field then you have to add the information in all the other sections as well.  I'm not sure exactly what you are seeing on your end.  You can send a screen shot of what you are seeing to our customer service department and we can try to figure it out.  Our email address is: submissions@cgccomics.com.  

You can make any corrections on the packing slip.  So if you select a similar book you can always manually make any corrections to the packing slip also.

Thank you!

Well, I tried again today and everything was fine. No idea what I did differently.  Sorry about wasting your time.