• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stamp impact on grade and label

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Can someone let me know if this kind of stamp can have an impact on the grade of the book ?

Also, does CGC will put a green or blue label ?

I am asking about the green label because I know that CGC put it when someone write on the book and I though they might also do it with that kind of stamp.

Thanks !

071A6C8F-C488-47E6-B90D-3A5756B3CC31.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jeremysitb said:

Hey guys,

Can someone let me know if this kind of stamp can have an impact on the grade of the book ?

Also, does CGC will put a green or blue label ?

I am asking about the green label because I know that CGC put it when someone write on the book and I though they might also do it with that kind of stamp.

Thanks !

071A6C8F-C488-47E6-B90D-3A5756B3CC31.jpeg

You'd have to call and ask for confirmation, but i'm with shadroch.  If date stamps are allowed on books without penalty because they were a relic of a certain era, then these types of stamps should be allowed as well.  But only CGC would know for certain.

Green label. 

I’m pretty sure that you can specifically ask to have it graded blue label and to just count the stamp as a defect.

im not saying that’s better, but I’m saying it’s an option