• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD, thanks Huge 1937 Bound Newspaper Volume With Unmolested Comic Strips Inc. 1st Walt Scott NEA Christmas Strip Now On EBAY

3 posts in this topic

LINK TO 1937 BOUND VOLUME EBAY AUCTION

Now on eBay see link.  Thanks!

Last chance for the boards before this volume goes to the auction block.  This interesting book is not going back to the attic!  Now just $150 shipped.  David

Thanks for checking this out!  So, in the process of downsizing in some collecting areas, I selected this volume.  22 pounds of newspapers!

July through December 1937 Washington (Indiana) News Monday through Saturday.  150 days of dailies, well over 2000 strips.  Measures 22 X 18 X 3".

Former Indiana University reference volume with decent page quality once you get used to it.

Price $300 shipped (media).  Paypal, check, or money order.  US only, thanks.

While turning through this ex-library volume, I enjoyed seeing the comic strips in the context of the times they were published.

Amelia Earhart, the World Series, movie and car ads, bubbling world hostilities, local crime and tragedy.

You will get Wash Tubbs, Freckles, Myra North, King Royal Mounted, Out Our Way, Our Boarding House, Henry, Secret Agent X-9, Blondie, Little Miss Muffett, Alley Oop

Boots, Hold Everything, This Curious World, Flapper Fanny, and Side Glances.  Herblock political cartoons, and Krenz sports panels.

These run unchanged throughout the volume.  Until......the second NEA Christmas comic strip, and the first by Walt Scott "Sailor Sally and Meany Mo".

I really felt rewarded upon discovering this seasonal strip.  It is missing the entire Christmas issue, not removed, just never bound in, so there's that, but still.

Please message me in the thread or privately with any questions and conversation.

When the image has loaded, click through a couple times to enlarge.

Best, David S. Albright

LINK to my 100% eBay feedback as a trader since 1998

waltscottbook.jpg

meanymo2.jpg

Edited by aokartman
clarify, link added, last chance, pic added, sent to ebay, sold