• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - TMNT 2 3rd print (Busty April)
2 2

10 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

It also has a manufacturing defect (siamese pages?)

That's not siamese pages. The thread below has a picture of what siamese pages looks like.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/150393-siamese-pages/?tab=comments#comment-8984114

Just now, Jeffro. said:

That's not siamese pages. The thread below has a picture of what siamese pages looks like.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/150393-siamese-pages/?tab=comments#comment-8984114

What is this defect called?  I see it every once in a while.  I figured it was a form of siamese pages.

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

What is this defect called?

Apparently it's called a dog ear, or at least it's called that by some. I never heard a proper name for this defect before. The paper gets folded over before the cutting process. 

Edited by Jeffro.

34 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Apparently it's called a dog ear, or at least it's called that by some. I never heard a proper name for this defect before. The paper gets folded over before the cutting process. 

Interesting.  I know the term Dog Ear but I didn't know they extended past the original trim line.

One would think that if you trim the pages, that would likely cause the book to drop to a restored grade (if detected).  Since they are a production flaw, just leave as is because it would not affect the grade of this book.  7.0/7.5

I'd be curious how CGC would grade this...not your fault the printer cut them in this way...does it mean there is a copy out there with part of its pages ripped off? Either way, folded in they might have little to no effect (I mean if the book was 9.6-9.8 and had that, maybe it dings it a bit but this book appears to be in the 6.5-7.0 range to begin with).