• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Deadly Genesis 1
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Not sure if that spine damage is classified as a ‘frayed spine’, but it ain’t pretty. 😢

8.0/8.5

Edited by Galen130

3 hours ago, Galen130 said:

Not sure if that spine damage is classified as a ‘frayed spine’, but it ain’t pretty. 😢

8.0/8.5

Yeah

It’s not really wear, but more a production quality defect.  I hammered the book to 7.0, but the more I looked at it....it didn’t feel right calling it more than a 6.0

Very unsightly :frown:

2 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Yeah

It’s not really wear, but more a production quality defect.  I hammered the book to 7.0, but the more I looked at it....it didn’t feel right calling it more than a 6.0

Very unsightly :frown:

I had started a thread about CGC's 'frayed spine' defect a couple weeks ago because my presser told me he'd seen a couple that were graded an 8.0 with something similar...except it was up and down the spine.  I asked him to return 5 books that had a similar look....Tony clued me in to that.  They are brand new books, but I didn't want to take the risk.  Frayed spine???  Seriously??  Don't know if it was a fluke, or something new for CGC to ding. (shrug)  I did give your book the benefit of the doubt.  That, and a bag of donuts....we've got a party!!! lol