• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resubmitting a CGC 9.4 to get a better grade

10 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am new to this forum, and to comic collecting in general. I have a CGC 9.4 Ultimate fallout 4, variant edition in my collection. To me it looks in great condition and on the grader notes it states that the only issues were that the back and front cover has finger bends. Is it worth me resubmitting this and getting it pressed to remove the finger bends. Would this then push the comic up to a 9.6 or even 9.8? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. 

33 minutes ago, Bashk said:

Hi all, I am new to this forum, and to comic collecting in general. I have a CGC 9.4 Ultimate fallout 4, variant edition in my collection. To me it looks in great condition and on the grader notes it states that the only issues were that the back and front cover has finger bends. Is it worth me resubmitting this and getting it pressed to remove the finger bends. Would this then push the comic up to a 9.6 or even 9.8? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. 

Generally, bends are pressable. On a book like that, personally, I would do it even if it came back the same. The payoff is worth it if it does. 

41 minutes ago, Bashk said:

This does sound like a case where pressing is a viable option. Good luck and welcome to the boards! 

While I agree with what others have said, at the same time I would be surprised if this book wasn’t pressed the first time it was submitted. 

So the only thing I would add is to recommend not to go cheap “quick-press” route and pay for a full press for  the best chance to get those bends out. 

Thank you number 6 I would be using CCS to press this do they give options on pressing? Any ideas. If it was pressed the first time it was submitted would this not have gotten rid of the finger bends?

Edited by Bashk

41 minutes ago, Bashk said:

Thank you number 6 I would be using CCS to press this do they give options on pressing? Any ideas. If it was pressed the first time it was submitted would this not have gotten rid of the finger bends?

Yes, I would think a press would have gotten the bends out the first time. As the others said, this sounds like a press-able defect from the description. 

The reason I said I suspected it had been pressed when it was first submitted is because it’s relatively new book and I get the impression that those who submit moderns usually do pressing as a matter of course just to be on the safe side. But it is entirely possible this was just a straight sub. 

However, it’s also possible that the original submitter opted for a quick-press to save some money and time and the quick-press didn’t get the bends out.  If that were the case, you may not want to repeat that mistake. 

Yes, CCS does have different options. I don’t use CCS for pressing but just glancing at the info on CGC’s home page it looks like this book may not qualify for a quick-press anyway because of it’s value now. 

The presser I use doesn’t do “quick-pressing” and I feel he’s made a compelling argument as to why not and has always done excellent work for me to back up that claim.  But I know there others who use CCS and are happy with their work so it’s really up to you what you feel comfortable with.  

10 hours ago, Bashk said:

Yes to all questions, 100% worth it.