• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Promise Collection
1 1

5 posts in this topic

..hmm so much diversity in regards to opinion's but that's what makes these forums great! I for one have been relatively silent but I'm retired now and able to spend more time in discussion with my passion for comics in my 50 years of collecting.  I have to support many opinions of my colleagues in that after reading many of the posts I find a lot of these books to be over graded leading to the assumption that some then.. how many? 1 out of 10? 5 out of 10? less? more? for myself it does sow "seeds of doubt" and after looking at many of the high rez pics that HA has so kindly provided to all of us..I truly am in doubt in regards to many of these grades.. of course my opinion is subjective to criticism  but all I ask is that prior to doing so have a look at the books..

Edited by nooncee

Anyone that decides to buy a book based solely on the cgc designated grade deserves the book they pay for. It will ultimately hurt the hobby should it turn out that a significant portion of the books are seemingly over graded...insert what you feel is a significant percentage...and that will hurt cgc’s reputation in the end. Performing one’s due diligence is the mantra that we should each strive to achieve when it comes time to bid. Buyer beware and buy what you like...it’s not very complicated.

..fair enough but many are looking for "trust" in what they perceive to represent a "leadership" in grading..once this is compromised it does become somewhat complicated..Oh for the days where trust in accurate grading was placed in sellers such as Hugh O'Kennon!! God Bless him and I do miss his little white catalogs.. 

Edited by nooncee

47 minutes ago, nooncee said:

..fair enough but many are looking for "trust" in what they perceive to represent a "leadership" in grading..once this is compromised it does become somewhat complicated..Oh for the days where trust in accurate grading was placed in sellers such as Hugh O'Kennon!! God Bless him and I do miss his little white catalogs.. 

So do i