• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver age Superman in Action Comics! All CGC NM up on ebay - $1 and NO Reserve!

1 post in this topic

I have a nice group of Action Comics listed on ebay. Both Silver and Bronze. 9.2 - 9.6!

*Some are the Highest Recorded grade, with others being one of the top copies.

*All are NM and All have great covers. For you Neil Adams fans, there are some beauties.

*All are completely virgin if that means anything to you and all have never been resubmitted.

I am kind of a whimp at that and just sell them as I buy them - in their original case.

For your information, out of nearly 4000 CGC books that I have owned, I have only resubmitted around 20 of them over a five year period. And nearly half of that number were sent to CGC in their case. I only resubmit if I am certain that the book is nicer than the assigned grade, which is rare because CGC does a great job with their initial grading. Even then, I am still very hesitant because I don't want to risk getting a lower grade. Consquently, I believe that I am CGC's worst customer (sorry Steve and Mark smile.gif

But to make up for it, I buy CGC graded books almost exclusively. I say "almost exclusively" because I do buy a few raw books once in a while. I have very moderate success at that by the way.

Anyway, this group of Actions is really nice and they are very rare. You can haunt ebay for more than a year and never find these issues offered in such nice shape. I know because I am always looking.

I am kind of a DC FANatic and really try to find all I can but have concluded that they are near impossible to assemble in sets because they are extremely rare in NM. So what you buy from me is the work of several years and a lot of hunting. That is why I kept my website prices on the high side, because I know just how rare these books are. Eventually the hobby will recognize this and prices will adjust in the Guide to reflect the rarity situation.

Keep looking for my auctions during the next few weeks. After that I will stop the $1 auctions.

And NO, I am NOT selling out. I am just reorganizing and trying to win some new collectors.

Ebay Auctions

PGC Mint - Huge assortment of CGC graded NM books