• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Potential merging of DC and Marvel characters?!
2 2

103 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

But you are ok with one or two pio? 

I guess they do say two is company, but three is a crowd.  

here's a **** load of robots but we never hear about any CDS436PP889CO or anything-
its always a 3 or 4 digit robot-
I call BS.

1 minute ago, kav said:

here's a **** load of robots but we never hear about any CDS436PP889CO or anything-
its always a 3 or 4 digit robot-
I call BS.

check out the cereal number on your computer for instance-you wont see any C3PO
You'll see like 887655654445687

All I know is that I was done with Star Wars after The Rise of Skywalker, but I did watch Rogue One and Solo against my better judgement.  Burned out...not interested in anything else, whether Disney plus or any other standalones.  :sumo:

3 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

All I know is that I was done with Star Wars after The Rise of Skywalker, but I did watch Rogue One and Solo against my better judgement.  Burned out...not interested in anything else, whether Disney plus or any other standalones.  :sumo:

I thankfully dodged a bullet and avoided Solo.  Watched a youtube review and saw how utterly dum it was.

1 minute ago, Galen130 said:

Thanks for that.  Now I feel old. :facepalm:

I talk about it talk about it talk about it talk about it-
that's what she said.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

I thankfully dodged a bullet and avoided Solo.  Watched a youtube review and saw how utterly dum it was.

Yeah, I was bored one day and I watched it on TNT.  I watched both standalones on tv...wasn't paying good money to go to the theater. (tsk)

1 minute ago, Galen130 said:

That's what she said.  Badda boom!!! (shrug)

drop mic-pick it up-drop it again!!  

Just now, Galen130 said:

Yeah, I was bored one day and I watched it on TNT.  I watched both standalones on tv...wasn't paying good money to go to the theater. (tsk)

then you watched i and got even more bored-

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

20210521_015427.jpg.47812121260ef4b04ad7bc90dbbaa8bf.jpg

I went in there and handed em a quid and said yes I'll take everything-

26 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

And this is exactly the reason why I chose ASM300 over Clone Wars 1 in that other thread.  

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Although Apple TV has been a failure (the usual willingness for Apple drones to overpay for Apple products notwithstanding), Apple might want to take one last shot at content and Warner is so pathetic they'd probably dump all the DC stuff for pennies on the dollar or a crate of Iphone 13s. What a disaster of a company, at least in this area. The people overseeing the creation of content actually hate their fans, it is worse than Disney's running of the Star Wars franchise by far (Disney has just been guilty of a bunch of bad movies, they weren't vicious about it, well, I dunno, maybe Solo..).

I'd contest the statement that it has been a failure. I think we're yet to see the fruit.

Apple has invested $6B in creation of original content for Apple TV+ and it's mostly still in dev. I am going to use Foundation as a benchmark for the service. I've seen a few doco's and a couple of shows recently that were pretty good quality. I have to admit that Ted Lasso was one of the best shows I've seen. So damn heartwarming. 

Hard to compare Apple TV+ to other services who have stocked their backlog with non-original content... On an Apples-to-Apples (ha) comparison of original content from Netflix and Amazon to Apple TV+, then Apple are definitely coming in last place right now... No contest to that - I just think they haven't hit their stride yet. 

(Edit: I should note - I got a year for free from buying an iPad - so I'm not biased due to a subscription spend to support the service).

Edited by Arkham