• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A few low grade precode horror books a couple LB Cole covers

11 posts in this topic

It's been a while since I've sold on the boards.

Here is a link to my old feedback thread: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4325727 If you need additional references I'm sure there are several other long time members that would be willing to vouch for me as well.

First :takeit: in the thread wins. Please do not edit your post after posting :takeit: 

PAYMENT
Paypal only. Payments should be made within three days of purchase.

SHIPPING
USPS priority shipping with insurance is included in prices. All books will be shipped in a Gemini comic box and then put into a USPS Priority box.
I love our Canadian and overseas members, but will only ship CONUS right now. 

Also, I only ship on Sunday morning due to work and family schedule.

I will not sell to any H.O.S. Members or anyone currently on the probation list.

Although I've never had any issues, full or partial refunds available if you contact me within 10 days of receiving your purchase. I typically do not offer refunds on CGC graded books. 

I think that covers it. 

SOLD per pm (thumbsu

Baffling Mysteries 6

2.0/2.5

Unfortunately there is quite a bit of surface creasing on the right side of the front cover that brings grade down. 

$70 shipped  $50 shipped

BafflingMysteries6_Front.thumb.jpg.3e7c0dc5f81423112b197afbf2219dcc.jpg

BafflingMysteries6_Back.thumb.jpg.0ba5bb35728ed6a2a91b1362ae3615a9.jpg

Edited by alecholland

SOLD per pm (thumbsu

Startling Terror Tales 10

I thought this one was a bit higher grade. The piece missing from the top left corner loose is in the comic bag. 1 1/2" spine split at top, 1/2" spine split bottom and the top staple is barely hanging on. I think if it gets removed one more time it may come loose completely. :( I've had it for a while now and it hasn't come off yet though.

$250 shipped

StartlingTerrorTales10_Front.thumb.jpg.a103bc5153df676de9c66cdc92c58dda.jpg

StartlingTerrorTales10_Back.thumb.jpg.b6be77ad9cc3a80ff204f56e3ac951d3.jpg

Edited by alecholland

SOLD per pm (thumbsu

Great Comics 1

It has a horizontal crease in the lower third of the book. I think you can see it fairly well in the back cover scan going through the word "Cookies". It's similar to a subscription crease that goes all the way through the book only horizontally. It gets lighter as it nears the spine. Colors are really nice on this one. Non-color breaking dog-ears in upper and lower right corners that also go all the way through book. I can see Barrel O' Fun in the blacked out indicia, although I thought this was the Knockout variant since the whole indicia is blacked out. 

$250 shipped  Let's try $225 shipped. 

GreatComics1_Front.thumb.jpg.71129f8ae3deaf7a66b3c7b9513a9710.jpg

GreatComics1_Back.thumb.jpg.4f7ce3e2d9e1244944804c37b7f63430.jpg

Edited by alecholland

One last price reduction and I updated description on Great Comics 1 just to make it a bit more clear. It's a nice book and looks good in mylar. Folds are easier to see on the back than the front but they do go through the book.

All books sold.

Thanks to everyone who purchased from me! (worship)

Edited by alecholland

11 hours ago, alecholland said:

SOLD per pm (thumbsu

Great Comics 1

It has a horizontal crease in the lower third of the book. I think you can see it fairly well in the back cover scan going through the word "Cookies". It's similar to a subscription crease that goes all the way through the book only horizontally. It gets lighter as it nears the spine. Colors are really nice on this one. Non-color breaking dog-ears in upper and lower right corners that also go all the way through book. I can see Barrel O' Fun in the blacked out indicia, although I thought this was the Knockout variant since the whole indicia is blacked out. 

$250 shipped  Let's try $225 shipped. 

GreatComics1_Front.thumb.jpg.71129f8ae3deaf7a66b3c7b9513a9710.jpg

GreatComics1_Back.thumb.jpg.4f7ce3e2d9e1244944804c37b7f63430.jpg

I’ll take this beauty and the Baffling as per our PM.

Thanks!